For more information, see Environment in the Infopedia.
- 73.3% of teens went outside more as an Elementary student than now, as a High School student
- 58.6% of teens have grown up with a parent who had/has an outdoor hobby or took the family outside on regular basis
- 69.4% of teens would rather listen to their favorite songs on an iPod (or other music device) than the sounds of nature
- 88.8% of teens feel that teens today are disconnected with nature
- 68.5% of teens are either indifferent, don’t care, or care but “don’t take an active role” in being concerned about the effects of man on nature
- 30.1% of teens spend less than three (3) hours per week outdoors during the school year (whether that’s for work, sports, or a hobby