- Computer usage continuing to grow – up 3%
- 93% of teens ages 12‐17 go online, as do
- 93% of young adults ages 18‐29.
- 74% of all adults ages 18 and older go online.
- Over the past 10 years, teens and young adults have been consistently the two groups most likely to go online.
- 23% of teens have a tablet computer
- 93% of teens have a computer or have access to one at home
- 74% teens ages 12-17 access the internet on cell phones, tablets, and other mobile devices at least occasionally.
- 34% of teen girls ages 14-17 mostly go online using their cell phone
- 24% of teen boys ages 14-17 mostly go online using their cell phone
- One in four (24%) high school students reported online harassment in 2012.
- This is an increase from 16% in 2008.
- 27 percent of high school females suffered hurtful online posts compared to 20 percent of high school males.